(PADI official course)
Expand your knowledge and experience as a diver
The Rescue Diver course teaches you to look beyond yourself to consider the safety and well-being of other divers. With this course, you will expand the basic techniques of problem prevention and accident management and prepare you to handle more complex diving emergencies and apply direct intervention techniques to help your colleagues in case of emergency.
PADI official course
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE RESCUE DIVER COURSE
The Rescue Diver course prepares you to be able to give the appropriate response to a possible accident related to diving.
To prepare yourself, you must study a theoretical part, perform a theoretical exam to evaluate your knowledge and finally develop a practical part to evaluate your skills.
We provide the didactic material and a self-study period is required at home (duration depends on each student). Once you consider that you are comfortable with the contents, you must perform a final examination at the dive center.
The practical part takes place at sea and consists of different exercises and drills to ensure that you know how to implement the knowledge on a practical level.
Unlike other courses, in these practices you will really interact with other people who will help you to make exercises or simulations more credible.
– 12 years old
– Be certified as a PADI (Junior) Adventure Open Water Diver (with the Underwater Navigation dive)
– Training of EFR Primary and Secondary Care within 24 months. This training can be completed along with the Rescue Diver course (contact us).
– Complete the 5 segments of knowledge reviews and the final exam
– Demonstrate the self-rescue exercises in confined or open waters
– Demonstrate the skills of Rescue Exercises 1-10 in open waters
– Participate in Rescue Drills 1 and 2 in open waters
– Prepare an emergency assistance plan for a dive site
COURSE ORGANIZATION AND LOGISTICS
Make the payment of the full course:
– Cash (in person)
– Card (in person)
– Bank transfer (can be made from home to the account number ES58 2100 0805 8202 0082 7424 with headline Olimpicsub SL with the concept Rescue + Full name)
Once the payment is made, you must send by e-mail the following information so that we can provide you with the course materials:
– Full name
– Birth date
– Proof of the transfer (if you have used this payment system)
– Compulsory medical certificate scanned to verify that you are fit to perform recreational diving activities (if you do not know where to get it, we recommend our collaborating center Centro Médico Axis)
Once we have all your data, we will ask for the teaching material to PADI. When we receive it physically, we will notify you so that you can come to the center to pick it up.
Once studied, you can contact us to come to do the review of knowledge and final exam, in which we will determine the date of the practices in the water (if it had not been determined beforehand).
To keep in mind for these days:
– We have showers and lockers available to store your belongings.
– It is recommended to bring food although there are also different bars and restaurants around.
– Parking is available (for a fee of € 3 / h) in the Olympic Port itself but it is recommended to come by public transport (Villa Olímpica stop).
– It is possible that the plans are affected by the weather.
We are looking forward to see you with us!
Come to train in the only PADI 5 Star Dive Center that offers all the activities entirely in Barcelona. We will be happy to accompany you through all the stages of dive training.
Do you need more information?
You can call us directly by phone, send us an e-mail or fill out the following web form. We will be happy to assist you.