Open Water Diver
(PADI official course)
Become a certified diver with the most popular course in the world
The PADI Open Water Diver course teaches you the basic knowledge and fundamental skills to dive with a partner independently at a maximum recommended depth of 18m anywhere in the world.
PADI official course
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE OPEN WATER COURSE
It is a course that consists of two parts, a theoretical part to strengthen the basic knowledge of diving; and a practical part to learn different skills that allow you to generate the confidence needed to be able to dive without direct supervision of a professional (although always with a partner).
We provide the online teaching material and a self-study period is required at home (variable duration depending on each one) and a review of knowledge and final physical examination at the dive center.
The practical part is carried out at the sea normally during a weekend (although it can also take place during the week). The first day we do all the confined waters and 1 or 2 open water dives, and on the second day 2 or 3 open water dives (4 in total). All the dives take place in Barcelona, in front of our center in the Port Olímpic.
– Being 10 years old (although for students from 10 to 14 years old, the title is temporarily called Junior Open Water).
Requirements for certification:
– Complete the five segments of theoretical knowledge including questionnaires and final exam
– Complete the 5 dives in confined water
– Comply with the evaluation requirements of aquatic techniques
– Complete the 4 open water dives
COURSE ORGANIZATION AND LOGISTICS
Make the payment of the full course:
– Cash (in person)
– Card (in person)
– Bank transfer (can be made remotely to the account number ES58 2100 0805 8202 0082 7424 with the name holder Olimpicsub SL and the concept Open Water + Full name)
Once the payment is made, you must send by e-mail the following information so that we can send the digital theoretical materials of the course:
– Full name
– Birth date
– Proof of the transfer (if you have used this payment method)
– Scanned compulsory medical certificate to verify that you are fit to perform recreational diving activities (if you do not know where to get it, we recommend our collaborating center Axis Medical Center)
Once we have all your data, you will receive a confirmation email from PADI with the material you must study on your own.
Once studied, you can contact us to do the knowledge review and final exam (which usually take place on Friday afternoons), in which we will determine the date of the practices in the water (if it had not been previously determined).
To take into account for these two days:
– We have showers and lockers available to store your belongings.
– It is recommended to bring food although there are also different bars and restaurants around.
– Parking is available (for a fee of 3€/h) in the Port Olímpic although it is recommended to come by public transport (Villa Olímpica stop).
– Plans might be affected by weather and sea conditions.
We will process the application for certification to PADI (all included in the price) and you will receive the physical card by mail to your address. If this does not happen in a period of about 3 weeks, contact us to claim the card.