(PADI official course)
Become a professional of recreational diving. You will be able to guide dives and assist instructors during courses.
The PADI Divemaster course focuses into problem solving skills and extends its application from accident management and prevention to supervising situations with certified students and divers. You will develop the attitude of adequate leadership and prepare yourself to make the right decisions.
PADI official course
DIVEMASTER COURSE GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The course is divided into knowledge development, aquatic skills development and practical application sections.
The theoretical part includes different segments of knowledge development as well as a final exam.
In addition, you must complete an emergency assistance plan for a dive site.
The practical part consists of different activities, exercises and workshops. The Divemaster is a program that enables you to dedicate yourself professionally to recreational diving, so you must complete different practical parts to demonstrate your level of professionalism.
The course has a significant amount of practical activities. Therefore, it can be done in different ways: intensively it can have a minimum duration of approximately 10 days. But it can also be done more slowly depending on the availability, so the course would be much longer but this is a great opportunity to participate in several activities of the diving center.
– Be certified as PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver
– Be 18 years old
– Have 40 registered dives
– Having completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
– Have been evaluated by a doctor and declared fit for diving within 12 months
– Complete the knowledge development segments, including knowledge reviews of the manual (or online Divemaster) and pass the Final Exam.
– Create an Emergency Assistance plan for a dive site
– Complete water resistance and skills exercises
– Complete a rescue assessment of a diver
– Complete the workshop and evaluation of diving skills
– Complete the practical application skills
– Complete the workshops of programs directed by a divemaster
– Complete practical evaluations
– Meet the criteria of professionalism
– Ensure, before certification, to have at least 60 registered dives including experience in night, deep diving and underwater navigation
– Read and accept the License and Affiliation Agreement with PADI.
COURSE ORGANIZATION AND LOGISTICS
Make the payment of the full course:
– Cash (in person)
– Card (in person)
– Bank transfer (can be made in distance to the account number ES58 2100 0805 8202 0082 7424 with the headline Olimpicsub SL with the concept Divemaster + Full name)
Once the payment is made, you must send by e-mail the following information so that we can give you the didactic material of the course:
– Full name
– Birth date
– Proof of the transfer (if you have used this payment system)
– Scanned medical certificate to verify that you are fit to perform recreational diving activities (if you do not know where to get it, we recommend our collaborating center Centro Médico Axis)
Once we have all your information, we will ask for the teaching material to PADI and we will notify you when we have it in the center so that you can pick it up. When you have it in your hands, you can study at your own pace since the course is self-study.
Once studied, you can contact us to proceed with the theoretical review and all the practical part of the course.
To keep in mind for these days:
– We have showers and lockers available to store your belongings.
– It is recommended to bring food although there are also different bars and restaurants around.
– Parking is available (for a fee of € 3 / h) in the Olympic Port itself but it is recommended to come by public transport (Villa Olímpica stop).
– It is possible that the plans are affected by the weather.
Once all the requirements are met, we will process the application for certification to PADI (all included in the price) and you will receive the digital certification. At this time you will already be part of PADI as a recreational diving professional. Although to be able to work you must pay the PADI membership fee and hire a diving insurance.