Advanced Open Water Diver
(PADI official course)
Explore special diving interests and gain new experiences
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course allows you to move forward in diving once you feel comfortable with basic skills. With the AOWD course you will overcome new tasks, travel in diverse environments and experience new adventures.
PADI official course
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
Due to the geography and diving environment of Barcelona, we offer a concrete list of adventures that can be successfully developed from our center, so you can carry out the entire program in Barcelona.
PRICE (€) INCLUDING EQUIPMENT RENTAL IN THE DIVE CENTER
PRICE (€) WITH YOUR OWN DIVING EQUIPMENT
We provide online teaching material that requires a period of self-study at home (study time depends on the student). Each student should focus on those 5 adventures required to complete the specific course.
The AOWD does not have a theoretical examination, but the knowledge reviews of each of the 5 adventures must be completed.
The practical part takes place at the sea and requires 5 dives, one for each adventure. For the AOWD there are two mandatory adventures: Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation. The other three can be chosen, but we usually do: Search and Recovery, Night Dive and Peek Performance Boyancy.
The practical part can be done in 2 or more days, making a maximum of 3 dives in the same day.
The dives will start from shore or by boat depending on the requirements (deep diving is by boat, since the vicinity of the center does not provide sufficient depth).
– Be certified as a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver
– Be 10 years old to participate in the following adventures: Altitude, Fish Identification, Boat, Underwater Photography, Dry Suit, Buoyancy Control, Underwater Naturalist, Underwater Navigation, Digital Underwater Photography and Underwater Video.
– Be 12 years old for the rest of the adventures not mentioned.
– Be 15 years old for Sidemount
– Be 18 years old for dives in caves, ice…
– Complete 5 Adventure Dives, including Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation
– Complete the 5 Knowledge Reviews of the Adventure Dives.
COURSE ORGANIZATION AND LOGISTICS
Make the payment of the full course:
– Cash (in person)
– Card (in person)
– Bank transfer (can be made at a distance to the account number ES58 2100 0805 8202 0082 7424 with the holder Olimpicsub SL with the concept Advanced + Full name)
Once the payment is made, you must send by e-mail the following information so that we can send the course materials:
– Full name
– Birth date
– Proof of the transfer (if you have used this payment system)
– Scanned medical certificate to verify that you are fit to perform recreational diving activities (if you do not know where to get it, we recommend our collaborating center Centro Médico Axis)
Once we have all your data, you will receive a confirmation email from PADI with the material that you must study on your own.
Once studied, you can contact us to organize for the practical part of each of the 5 dives. Before each dive we will discuss the theoretical content with you and review the knowledge reviews.
For this program there is no theoretical examination.
What we usually do is including all Advanced Open Water Diver students in a communication group to inform them of the different adventure dives that we are planning and so each person jumps in according to their availability and topic of the adventure.
To take into account for these days:
– We have showers and lockers available to store your belongings.
– It is recommended to bring food although there are also different bars and restaurants around.
– Parking is available (for a fee of 3€/h) in the Port Olympic itself but it is recommended to come by public transport (Villa Olímpica stop).
– It is possible that the plans are affected by the weather.
After all the dives, we will process the application for certification to PADI (all included in the price) and you will receive a digital certification card.